NPP GOVERNMENT ACHIEVEMENTS IN TWO YEARS
• Free SHS to reduce the hardship on parents.
• Restoration of teacher training allowances to reduce the hardship on teacher trainees.
• Restoration of nursing training allowances to reduce the hardship on nursing trainees.
• Setting up a Zongo Development Fund to help develop our Zongos round the country.
• Renewed focus on agriculture through the Planting For Food and Jobs program.
• National ID Cards: On course in making sure every Ghanaian in their adult age get a National ID Card.
• National Property Digital Address System.
• Paperless Ports.
• The establishment of the Three Development Authorities to simplify our developments in the following areas.
(Northern, Middle Belt and Coastal)
• One District One Factory program is on course to help our industrialisation agenda.
• One Village One Dam program to help an all year round farming activities in the Northern part of our country.
• One District One Warehouse program on course to help preserve our farming products.
• Nation Builders Corps program to reduce the hardships on the graduate unemployed.
100.000 people has already benefited in this program.
• National Entrepreneurship and Innovation Program to provide support and reduce hardships of entrepreneurs.
• VALCO is now resumed operations.
• $2 billion innovative infrastructure financing arrangement with Sinohydro is now in progress.
• The establishment of Integrated Bauxite and Aluminium Industry is on course.
• Mobile Money Interoperability is implemented.
• Reduced electricity prices.
• Reduces the hardship in obtaining a Drivers license through Digitisation.
• Reduces the hardship in obtaining a passport through Digitisation.
• Reduces the hardships in renewing the national health insurance through Digitisation.
• Established an Office of the Special Prosecutor, to help in the fight against Corruption in our Country.
• Reviving Ghana’s railways System is on course.
• Delivered: Transparent allocation of Ghana’s oil blocs.
• Reverses the trend of declining economic growth.
• Restores discipline in the management of our public finances, with lower fiscal deficits.
• Passes a fiscal Responsibility Act.
• Establishes a Fiscal Council.
• Establishes a Financial Stability Council.
• Reduces inflation to single digits from 15.4% to 9.5%
• Reduces interest rates from 36% to 17%
• Keeps our exchange rate relatively stable even in the midst of global volatilities.
• Reverses Ghana’s trade position with the rest of the world from deficit to surplus.
• Reduces and abolished 17 different taxes in two years.
• Revives the NHIS and have cleared the GHC1.2 billion arrears inherited under the NHIS. The NHIS has started working again.
• Moves away from a predominance of sole sourcing to tendering in procurement.
• Brings about a change from destructive galamsey activities to a more regulated small scale mining activities.
• Reduces the hardships of the disabled and increase the share of the DACF to persons with disabilities by 50%.
• Doubles the Capitation Grant.
Creates six new regions to simplify the Development of our great Country.
President. Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo Addo is indeed, the messiah of our country and our time through the Most High God.
By: Kingsley Nana Adumattah Agyapong